BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MySpace 1.0 Layouts »

Sunday, May 22, 2011

Faces



A person can only wear so many faces.

Have so many hopes and dreams.

I can bite my tongue and pretend for now...

But...how long?

How long can that last?

How long before the truth shines through?

I'm running out of masks, of faces...

Running out of time and patience,

Of places to hide.

I'll smile and play along.

Until it all goes wrong.

You never knew the lies were...

Just that.

Lies.

Because you know,

Never did,

You never knew,

Just how well I hide,

The pain and lies can only stay,

That way for so long.

The face I wore was joy,

Bliss.

Underneath it all was the truth,

You never saw,

Behind the mask.

Look me in the eyes.

Tell me you don't see,

A crumbling soul before thee.

You know you do.

You didn't know before.

How could you?

I can only where so many faces.

0 comments: